Liberon Steel Wool : Medium Grades
Progressively coarser grades from the ultra fine 0000 grade.
Steel wool (wire wool) grades 00 (medium fine), 0 (medium), and No.1 (medium coarse) are used for various medium denibbing/cleaning and paint /varnish stripping operations.
The choice of grade depends on the project, but the general quality of the wire wool remains the same. The coarser grades are best cut from the roll with scissors rather than torn for safety reasons.
Steel Wool is available in 7 grades from Ultra Fine 0000 through a range of Fine to Medium 00, 0, 1 and Medium to Coarse 2, 3 and 4.
Polishing and cleaning delicate surfaces
- use to cut back between coats of French Polishes, varnishes and oil finishes
- use to clean and polish metals such as bronze, copper, chrome, stainless steel and aluminium
- use to cut back between coats of varnish or paint
- use with soapy water to clean and polish porcelain, marble and glass without marking
Light cleaning and surface preparation
Grades 00, 0, 1
- use with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover to remove built-up wax polish, smoke and dirt on wood
- use to clean, smooth and prepare wood or metal surfaces before re-polishing, waxing, varnishing or painting
- use with a suitable solvent for light to medium cleaning of all metals
Heavy cleaning and paint and varnish removal
Grades 2, 3, 4
- Use with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper to remove softened French Polishes, varnishes, lacquers and paints from wood and metal surfaces
- use to remove rust
If in doubt use a finer grade of Liberon Steel Wool
Always test products on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for compatibility and end results.
To avoid cuts never tear steel wool, cut to size with scissors or shears and always protect your hands with gloves when handling.