Liberon Steel Wool
Extra Fine 0000 Grade
Liberon Extra Fine Steel Wool is the finest on the market. Consistant quality over the years make this a very reliable product.
Crumble resistant with a very low oil content, this is used for very light denibbing of french polish or lacquer coated surfaces, for delicate application of cleaning products, application of wax polish and as a general fine abrasive.
An invaluable item in any furniture restorers toolkit.
Available in 4 sizes to suit all requirements.
Steel Wool is available in 7 grades from Ultra Fine 0000 through a range of Fine to Medium 00, 0, 1 and Medium to Coarse 2, 3 and 4.
Polishing and cleaning delicate surfaces
- use to cut back between coats of French Polishes, varnishes and oil finishes
- use to clean and polish metals such as bronze, copper, chrome, stainless steel and aluminium
- use to cut back between coats of varnish or paint
- use with soapy water to clean and polish porcelain, marble and glass without marking
Light cleaning and surface preparation
Grades 00, 0, 1
- use with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover to remove built-up wax polish, smoke and dirt on wood
- use to clean, smooth and prepare wood or metal surfaces before re-polishing, waxing, varnishing or painting
- use with a suitable solvent for light to medium cleaning of all metals
Heavy cleaning and paint and varnish removal
Grades 2, 3, 4
- Use with Liberon Fine Wood Stripper to remove softened French Polishes, varnishes, lacquers and paints from wood and metal surfaces
- use to remove rust
If in doubt use a finer grade of Liberon Steel Wool
Always test products on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for compatibility and end results.
To avoid cuts never tear steel wool, cut to size with scissors or shears and always protect your hands with gloves when handling.