Fiddes Supreme Wax
Fiddes Supreme Wax is a more environmentally friendly wax polish which is virtually odour free and gives excellent results on bare or sealed wood.
Will conserve, clean and protect the timber for a long lasting and durable shine. A pleasant to use general purpose wood wax.
- Application: Cloth, Brush, Sponge.
- Dry Time: 3 minutes at room temperature.
- Coverage: 16 sqm per Litre (depending on substrate and method of application).
- Coats: 1 coat. Further coats will deepen colour / shade and enhance sheen level
- Thinners: NGR Thinners / Methylated Spirits.
- Recommended for use on: Fine Furniture, Doors, Floors, Cabinet Work and Panelling.
Sand the wooden substrate in stages, working with a medium sandpaper (120 grit), through to a medium / fine grade (180 –220 grit). Always sand in the direction of the grain pattern where possible, ensuring the removal of any blemishes and glue residue prior to the application of Fiddes Supreme Wax. Take care to remove all traces of sanding dust and test the chosen Fiddes Supreme Wax shade on a similar substrate to verify the colour. A coat of Shellac Sealer is recommended on open grained woods prior to application.
Take a clean cotton cloth, sponge or brush and apply Fiddes Supreme Wax in the direction of the wood grain where possible. To obtain a uniform colour, always wipe evenly, blending the Supreme Wax over the whole surface area by exerting a small degree of pressure when applying by hand. Take care to lightly remove any excess Supreme Wax immediately with a separate, clean absorbent cloth, again following the direction of the grain pattern.
Leave to dry for around 3 minutes, and buff to finish with a soft cloth.
The application of additional coats will deepen the existing colour / shade and significantly enhance the resulting sheen level.