Morrells 2-Pack Polyurethane Lacquer
A fast curing, easy to use 2-component polyurethane lacquer with outstanding resistance to abrasion, heat, chemical attack and water ingress. 80% of the drying/curing is completed with 24 hours which greatly assists production flow. Catalysed at 2:1 this lacquer has a usable pot life of 3 hours at 20°C.
How To Use
- Extremely good water & heat resistance
- Fast curing time
- satin (30%) sheen
- Mixing ratio : 2 parts lacquer to 1 part catalyst
- Pack sizes : Lacquer : 5 litres, Catalyst : 2.5 litres, Thinners - 5 litres
- Drying Time : 25 minutes touch, 60-90 minutes recoatable.
- Pot Life : 3 hours @ 20 deg C
- Coverage : 40m2 per 5 litres approx.
- 2 parts 6OPU77G30 lacquer must be mixed with 1 part 6CT23 catalyst by either volume or weight prior to use.
The catalysed lacquer can be thinned as necessary with the appropriate thinners (upto 20% by volume is recommended).
Over-thinning can lead to a reduction in properties and will increase VOC emissions.
- Morrells recommends the following guidance for use of this product:
Typical Finish:1-3 coats at 75g/m2 per coat (Dry Film Thickness ~ 31μ per coat) applied coaton-
coat or over Morrells PU Sealer/Basecoat 6FPU35.
Using these products in systems outside these guidelines can lead to immediate and latent problems with the integrity of the finish.
�� Designed for spray application
�� Morrells do not recommend the mixing of catalysed material with fresh material. Always catalyse enough products for the job and consider the pot-life.
�� Use only with the recommended catalyst : the use of non-recommended catalyst can cause patchy/uneven drying.
�� Under or over catalysing can cause impairment of cure and cracking.
�� Use only the recommended thinner. Use of non-recommended thinner can cause uneven/patchy drying.
�� Excessive coating weights can lead to cracking or lifting.
�� Leave adequate time between coats. Do not apply more than 3 coats in one day. Denib between coats to aid adhesion.
�� Do not overcoat with Acid Catalyst (AC) products.
�� This range is not suitable for "pulling over".
�� Product should be stored above 5oC and protected from frost.
�� Optimum application is achieved between 18oC and 22oC with good air movement and ventilation.
�� Finished products should not be subjected to environments with temperatures of < 2oC.