Ensure all surfaces are clean, dry, and free from any previous finish.
Remove any fungal growth, dirt or moss on old wood prior to application.
Sand the substrate with a medium 120 grade sanding paper or sanding disc, removing all traces of dust.
Apply Fiddes Exterior High Build Wood Oil in dry conditions.
Always test on a small area prior to initial application. No primer required. Maximum 2 coats recommended.
Fiddes Exterior Oil is formulated for application directly, and does not require thinning.
First Coat :
Stir contents thoroughly before and during use.
Apply Fiddes Exterior High Build Wood Oil thinly using a good quality bristle or synthetic brush. Lay evenly, following the direction of the grain.
Remove any surplus material immediately with a cloth, carefully checking all areas for excess application. Leave to dry for 4-6 hours or preferably overnight. Lightly sand witha 320 grade paper.Second Coat :
Apply as first coat, THINLY, allowing good ventilation. Leave to dry 4-6 hours or preferably overnight.
1) Always test on a small srea prior to major application
2) On new timbers, coat all areas to seal
3) Certain dense or oily timbers may only rrequire a single application
4) Always apply sparingly and remove any excess product thoroughly
6) Re-application : To renovate previous application of Exterior Oil, lightly sand the area with 150 grade paper, and re-apply sparingly.
- Keep container tightly closed and store in well ventilated area.
- A wood preserver is recommended prior to application of this product.
See Langlow Wood Preserver