Cold Patination Pre-Treatment is an acidic degreasing solution that thoroughly cleans and degreases metals before patinating with Antiquing Fluid or Verdigris Fluid.
- Cleans and degreases metal
- Prepares metal prior to patinating or polishing
- Suitable for ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Suitable as a surface preparation for the Antiquing Fluid for Copper & Brass
- Will remove tarnish from copper based alloys
- Usage : Interior
Strip any lacquer from the surface with paint stripper or remove surface wax and polish with Liberon Wax and Polish Remover and Ultra Fine Steel Wool (0000).
Wearing acid resistant gloves and eye protection rub the item with a soft cloth/cotton wool soaked with the Pre-treatment. Steel and iron should be wiped dry with a cotton cloth, other metals can be rinsed thoroughly with cold water. Allow to dry thoroughly.
Do not touch the item throughout the process as even the tiniest of grease marks, such as fingerprints, will show throughout when applying cold patination treatments.
Always test product on a spare surface or inconspicuous area for colour, compatibility and end result.