Rustins Teak Oil
A blend of oils (including Tung oil), resins and driers, formulated to produce an attractive and durable finish. The finish is gloss.
Based on special vegetable oils and resins to give a quick drying penetrating seal to Teak, Cedar and all bare wood. Easily applied with a brush or cloth. Gives an attractive sheen on interior and exterior surfaces.
- Based on vegetable oil & resins
- Fast drying, penetrating seal to Teak and all bare wood
- Food safe
- Low gloss sheen
The wood must be clean, smooth, dry and free from wax, dust and contaminants. Some hardwoods such as Iroko and Teak are naturally oily woods and this should be removed by
scrubbing with white spirit.
Apply liberally with a clean rag or brush and wipe off the surplus oil after a few minutes. On
exterior wood, the first coat should be applied liberally with a brush and allowed to dry without wiping. Nibs may be removed from the final coat by applying the oil with a scouring pad, rubbing in the direction of the grain, then wiping away the surplus with clean rags.
- Coats : Bare wood requires 3 coats. Exterior wood will require extra coats
- Drying Time : A minimum of 4-6 hours depending on temperature and humidity
- Coverage : About 14sq.m per litre, 1 coat, depending on the absorbency of the wood